The Completed Good Work of God
by Randy Buchanan

Ephesians 2:10 (ESV), Philippians 1:6 (ESV)

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. (Philippians 1:6 ESV)

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10 ESV)

I like that the good work God has started in those who put their faith and trust in Him is GUARANTEED to be completed. This completed work may not be a reality during the time one dwells on earth but it will be completed by the time of Jesus' return for His Body, the Church.

God NEVER has experienced failure, procrastination, incompleteness or anything but success in everything He wills to perform. This means that what He starts in a person will come to pass - He cannot fail!

His purpose will be fulfilled either by one agent or another. While God cannot fail, the human agent has the freedom of choice to either accept or reject the plan of God. It is on this basis the works of the believer are ultimately to be judged.

So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil. (2 Corinthians 5:9, 10 ESV)

For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire. (1 Corinthians 3:11-15 ESV)

The works one accomplishes throughout their life testify of Jesus and the Father.

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 5:16 ESV)

Allow God to speak to you the direction He wants you to travel. Remember, it is the responsibility of GOD, to guarantee the completion of the work. IT IS NOT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY - IT IS HIS!

[email protected]


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print