Don't I Know You?
by PamFord Davis

Trying to break the ice, a person might ask, "Don't I know you?" It may be that you look familiar or they merely want to start up a conversation. I have frequently seen people who are clerks in stores away from their work environment; I know them but am unable to place them. "Don't I know you?"

A girl was quite sure she knew John when they stood at a gate in the courtyard of the High Priest's home. He had followed Jesus at a distance after Jesus arrest in the Garden of Gethsemane. "The girl at the gate said to Peter, 'Aren't you also one of the disciples of that man' (John 18:17a TEV)?" Peter said no.

That denial was one of three. A slave of the High Priest posed the last question and even placed him at the scene when soldiers arrested Jesus. "Didn't I see you with him in the garden?' he asked. Again Peter said, 'No'-and at once the rooster crowed (John 18:26b-27 TEV)." Jesus had told him earlier that he would deny him three times before a rooster crowed. Yes, he knew Peter.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print