The widow and her two coins
by Michael Hume

Jesus was watching as people put money into the temple treasury." A poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents. calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth, but she out of her poverty, put in everything - all she had to live on." Mark 12:42-44

The Holy Spirit is the best person to guide us into how much we should give and to who.

God can call us to simply to survive, and give any surplus away, leaving nothing in the bank balance till the next week. He will still supply all we need. Clothing, shelter, food, friends, hobbies. There is freedom in living light like this, and happiness.

It may be a phase and it may last a decade or more, or less. God is specific and I can only write from my experience, and from Bible reading.

To give away is to serve God. It keeps me selfless and trusting in God for my own needs. In over 26 years of faith, God has always provided food, clothing, shelter and friends for me.

There is a time for everything. Another time God may call someone to save money for their own lives and future and give less to others.

The tiniest amount given by the poor for God's causes is appreciated by Him.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print