Escape from peril
by Michael Hume

"We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life. Indeed in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we set our hope that he will continue to deliver us." 2 Corinthians 1: 8-10.

Paul felt totally crushed beyond his ability. He also felt death threats. This was not a pleasant time for him.

If you are going through such a strained time, then take heart. Others have also gone through extreme pressure, threats of death even.

Paul writes wisely that these severe trials come so that we rely on God, and he will deliver us from such trials. If these are long trials, he will give lots of small deliveriances. So we have peace and strength now and again.

There are lots of times in the Bible people have experienced severe trials and God brought them safely out. Here are some.

The Israelites coming out of Egypt had the sea on one side and the Egyptian army on the other. Only a miracle from God would save them and God provided it by parting the sea. They made good their escape.

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, Daniel's three friends were thrown into a blazing furnace, yet were unharmed. God sent an angel to save them, and they stepped out of the fire, in good shape.

Daniel spent one night in a den of lions. God sent his angel to keep him safe.

Jonah spent three days and nights in the belly of a large fish. Then the fish vomited him out on dry land.

Jesus escaped a crowd in Nazareth intent on throwing him over a cliff to his death. Yet he walked right through the middle of them, and they could not touch him.

Nothing is impossible with God. He will provide you with the peace and support you need until you are safely out of your very bad trial.

May God bless and strengthen you.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print