Robbed Again!
by Steve Countryman

I have been robbed almost daily. No, I have not been robbed like you think nor have I filled out a police report. But I have most definitely been robbed. I just never thought of it that way. I was praying and having a conversation with God that turned into more of a blowing off steam conversation than a regular talk. I was tired of my prayer routine being more about my problems than anything else. My prayer time had been robbed. The more I went on the more came to light. I was tired of staring at my problems instead of keeping my eyes on God. My vision had been robbed. I was tired of worrying and fretting about my problems. My peace had been robbed. I was tired of my bad moods, road rage and being frustrated constantly. My joy had been robbed. I was tired of having to be on medicine. My health had been robbed. I was tired of my poor decisions and costly mistakes. My contentment had been robbed. I was tired of being foolish and opening my mouth to prove it. My wisdom had been robbed. I could go on and on about being robbed but that wouldn't be the saddest part. Knowing better just adds salt to the wound. The saddest part is that most all of it has all happened over and over again meaning I had been robbed AGAIN!

To compound my situation and to keep me looking at my "tray of trash", (what I call my heap of problems, troubles and cares), I would slip into the "pity party". Staring at all my faults, failures and flaws. The "pity party" involves visiting the land of regret and unfulfilled dreams! And the "icing on the cake" is knowing that staying in that place of self pity keeps me from being a useful tool in my Master's hand, a worthless and powerless Christian. My power had been robbed! I am tired of being robbed!

John 10:10 "The thief only comes to rob, kill, and destroy." Coming to this understanding I now treasure and guard those things, blessings, that God gives me so I don't allow them to be stolen from me very often. I haven't mastered it yet as I am a "practicing Christian" just as a doctor is one who "practices medicine"! I have to remind myself who I am I am a child of the Most High God. I am the head and not the tail. I am above and not beneath. I am more than a conquer, more than a survivor, more than a victor and more than a over-comer. I am blessed beyond measure. I am adopted into the heavenly Royal family. I am empowered with all power and authority of heaven in Jesus who lives in me through the Holy Spirit.

I also remind myself that God's promises are as good as gold. That God's Word is true and that God is true to His Word! Isaiah 46:4 "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Isaiah 46:11 "What I have said, that I will bring about; what I have planned, that I will do."

It is good to remember who you are in Christ and who Christ is in you! He is my hope and my future. He is my divine health and strength. He is my provider and my healer. He is my Lord, Master and Savoir. He is my Rock, my center and my anchor. He is my redeemer, deliverer and my rescuer. He is every good and perfect thing in my life. He is my reason and purpose for living. He is my wisdom, my revelation and my epiphanies. He is my inspiration, my dedication and my salvation. He is my mentor, teacher and counselor. He is my rod and my staff. He is my protection, guard and victorious King. He is my restore and my restitution. He is my everything! Quit being robbed and quit surrendering those blessings that God gives you. Guard and protect them for they are as treasure to the holder. Someone who loses their temper will make poor decisions in haste, make enemies of friends, store up regrets, have much to apologize for later and most of all has allowed themselves to be robbed of one of God's most sought after blessings His peace!!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print