A Father's Stance
by Lori Dixon

You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Psalm 139:5 (ESV)

During my years as a single mom, this verse held me. More than that, it held me together.

I repeated it out loud and often whenever I felt overwhelmed and alone. My girls would sometimes echo it from the backseat of our old, run-down minivan.

Years later, I was watching my son-in-law stoop cautiously behind our grandson as he was learning to walk, and realized I was witnessing this verse come to life. A father's protective stance; following behind a child, arms wrapping around to the front, one hand firmly holding the child's tiny fingers for support; the other at the ready to scoop and rescue if necessary.

I remembered how I clung to that verse, how it was an ever-present help in my time of need, and I knew that my Father had followed so close behind--and before--me during those lonely years. And so thankful He still does.

Mind blowing to think how much He loves and protects us . . . yet this same Father was willing to sacrifice His only Begotten to make this living, amazing relationship with us possible.

Unmerited Grace, Unfathomable Love.

Lori Dixon
Wife, mother & servant of Christ
www.LovingKindnessMinistries.ca

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print