Prayer from Proverbs 1
by Jessica Gerald

Dear Father,

Help us to read your Living Word and take heed to the proverbs that you have given us. May we attain wisdom and discipline, understand words of insight, and acquire a disciplined and prudent life. Enable us to do what is right and just and fair.

We ask you to give knowledge and discretion to our children, teens, and young adults. May even our older and wiser loved ones listen and add to their learning.

Assure us that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. Don't let us be fools who despise wisdom and discipline.

We pray for our children - no matter what their ages are - that they would listen to their parents' instruction and teaching. Don't let them be enticed by sinful people or situations that would bring grief, trouble, and heartache into their lives. Open their eyes to these influences and don't let them be deceived or led astray.

Enable us to listen and heed your correction, so we can know your heart and your thoughts. Don't let us ever reject you or ignore your advice.

Remind us and our children that people who hate knowledge, choose not to fear the Lord, and refuse to accept your advice will "eat the fruit of their ways", suffer the consequences. Remind us that the "complacency of fools will destroy them".

Instead, may we listen to you so we will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.

In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen

Jessica Gerald has been an elementary school teacher for over thirty years, and is the publisher of the website http://www.oldfashionedhomemaking.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print