Low Self-Image
by PamFord Davis

Is a poor self-image holding you back? Timidity and shyness robs us of friendships and lessens our opportunities in leadership; a loss of self-esteem stunts spiritual growth. If I avoid risks because of feelings of my inferiority, and perceived superiority of others, my faith will be lacking.

It is difficult to take leaps of faith when I hesitate and make excuses. The Israelite trailblazers, as a majority, faltered in faith when ready to enter the Promised Land. Caleb had a healthy self-image and viewed his God as all-powerful. The majority had a poor self-image and the enemy saw them in the same light.

"But the men that went up with him said, 'We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we.' And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel (Numbers 13:31-32a KJV)." Our negative point of view is often two sided. "and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight (Numbers 13:33b NIV)."

In their own eyes, they were as insignificant grasshoppers; interestingly, to the opposition they also looked like grasshoppers. HmmThat is a concept to ponder if someone accusingly asks, "Who do you think you are?" What we think matters a great deal. "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7a KJV)." If God opens a door, we can stand tall and stride through.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print