Lord, Take Control
by

Therefore, I tell you, don't be anxious for your life: what you will eat, or what you will drink; nor yet for your body, what you will wear. Isn't life more than food, and the body more than clothing? See the birds of the sky, that they don't sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns. Your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren't you of much more value than they?

"Which of you, by being anxious, can add one cubit to the measure of his life? Why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They don't toil, neither do they spin, yet I tell you that even Solomon in all his glory was not dressed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today exists, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, won't he much more clothe you, you of little faith?

"Therefore don't be anxious, saying, 'What will we eat?', 'What will we drink?' or, 'With what will we be clothed?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first God's Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore don't be anxious for tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Each day's own evil is sufficient. -Matthew 6:25-34 (WEB



Be still, and know that I am God. -Psalm 46:10 (ESV)
---

While listening to Glenn Green's song, "Let Go and Let God", I reflected on my need to control the events of my life. As the demands of life and work press in on me, I find that I must consciously, willingly surrender control of my life to God every day, often several times a day.

I pray about the day ahead of me as I drive to work. When I arrive, all is welluntil the questions come, the emails flow, and the salespeople call. Then, people stop by my desk to ask more questions.

I pray that I will behave in a Christ-like manner through the day and focus on Jesus. Some days, I still find my frustration coming out as I talk with a co-worker. Why? Because, once again, I took control. I decided that I must force everything to work out right. I got so wrapped up in my work and my intense desire to do a perfect job, that I took my eyes off of Jesus and grabbed the burden again. One more time, I needed to recall the words of Psalm 46: "Be still and know that I am God."

O Lord, help us this day to allow You to work in our lives for Your good pleasure. Reign in our lives this day as You will for all eternity. In the midst of our struggles, help us to remember that you are God and we are not. Help us to stop and listen for Your voice and let You calm our troubled spirits. Mold us, Father, into the people You want us to be. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

Closing Thought
What part of your life are you still hanging onto? Release control to God today and He will give you peace.

Copyright 2006, Star Ferdinand.

Star Ferdinand is the author of The Prayerful Bible Study Series of study guides, numerous devotionals, and other Christian writings. You can read more of her writings at starferdinand.wordpress.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print