How Do You Forgive Stupid?
by Steve Countryman

After doing something stupid again the other day, I asked God how does He forgive stupid? Ignorance can't be used as an excuse for stupid. Forgetfulness can't be used as an excuse for stupid. Foolishness can't be used as an excuse for stupid. Momentary loss of mental faculties is not an excuse for stupid. Stupid is not the same as ignorant. Ignorant is the lack or absence of knowledge and /or understanding. Stupid is knowing what the right thing is to do and still choosing to do the wrong thing! The difference between one who is stupid and one who is foolish as that the foolish doesn't care! The person who does something stupid considers the error of their poor judgment where the fool brags about it!

God reminded me of what sin is. Knowing that God provides all my needs. That God protects and guards my life. That He watches over me and blesses me beyond my wildest imaginations. Knowing that God heals and restores me. God who rescues and helps me. God who keep His powerful promises to me. Knowing that He guides my steps and directs my paths. That God smiles when He looks at me. That it blesses God to bless me. Knowing that God desires a close and intimate daily relationship with me. And that God wants the very best for me and that He holds back nothing good from me. Knowing all that and how awesome and wonderful God is to me, anytime I do anything that is contrary to God's will, ways and Word that is sin. To treat God that way knowing how good and great He is, is STUPID! Doing stupid things isnt always sin, but sin is ALWAYS stupid!

But I am guilty of doing such stupid things as that. It is stupid for me to treat my Lord and Master, my God, the creator of heaven and earth in such a disrespectful manner! Now the thing that blows me away is that my God Jehovah loves me SO MUCH that He is willing to forgive me of such stupid things! So when God forgives me my sin He is forgiving STUPID! And if God is willing to forgive my stupid, shouldn't I be willing to forgive others who are stupid to me? Who treat me wrong and badly? Why would I want to hold on to their stupid in my life verses forgiving them and releasing the stupid hurt and pain of their actions? Since I still do stupid things from time to time, than I am no better than they are who are stupid to me! They NEED my forgiveness not my hatred, anger, attitude or grudge. They need to see the love of Jesus in me, not my stupid!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print