Who holds the keys to your destiny?
by Mark E Crossley

Alexander Graham Bell writes "Sometimes we stare so long at a door that is closing that we see too late the one that is open". In Luke 11 we read "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you, For everyone who receives, and he who seeks finds and to him who knocks it will be opened"

Often in life God can open doors to new openings as we read further in Revelation 3 "He who opens the door and shuts no one can open, I know your works, see I have set before you an open door and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word and have not denied my name" but we can as Alexander Graham Bell says we want God to open doors yet we do not want to walk through them, how true is this!

I want to challenge you to open up your mind to examine more deeply about how doors open in our lives and ask yourself some searching questions and see how God may speak to you as you think about the following:

1. How often has God opened a door to a new opportunity after a period of prayer and you have not walked through it because of fear of the unknown?

Lyndon B Johnson summarises it as "We must open the doors of opportunity but we must also equip our people to walk through these doors" Fear often is a barrier to moving forward because we are comfortable with lives as it is and although we want to move forward in God we are fearful of the unexpected!

2. Have you of your own sin closed a door to an opportunity, then regretted it and then wondered if God will give you a new opportunity to do that task again so the door is not permanently shut?

Someone summarises it like this "In approaching a double door, you will always go to the one door that is locked, pull when you should have pushed, and push when the sign says pull"

3. How do we know what doors God will open and what doors he won't and what doors we should not knock at?

Walt Disney quotes "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Sometimes in the natural we just simply need to walk through and hope God meets us as we walk. Is this something God is saying to you today, walk and I will be with you!.

4. Can God unlock a new destiny or rekindle a situation is something negative has happened for whatever reason? What are your thoughts?

Jan Myrdal quotes "Travelling is not just seeing the new; it is also leaving it behind. Not just opening doors; also closing them behind you, never to return. But the place you have left forever is always there for you to see whenever you shut your eyes".

Sometimes we can think about what has been when we reminisce but perhaps today God is saying to you over something that has occurred it is time to leave it behind and move forward to where God is calling you to and He will keep reminding you till you walk through!

5. Is anything possible for God to open as we read in other parts of the bible?

6. Do you believe God gives spiritual keys so we or others open them on a natural level?

7. Do you believe God can open doors of security, hope, blessings and financial input?

8. If God does not open the doors when we pray or expect Him to, is this a lack of faith, interpretation or us not listening to Gods will but of our own motive or agenda?

The truth is God can open doors for people who ask or knock at his Holy Throne however we can through mans rebellion and sin close these doors forever as God is the facilitator He uses us and others to open and close doors while we are on earth, He does the spiritual we do the natural but its down to timing as to whether we really fulfil the will of God and totally trust in His will!.

If you have any comments, queries or suggestions regarding this article please do not hesitate to contact me by email at 
[email protected]. Thank You.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print