Why the 21st Century Church Must Preach about Prosperity
by wisdom mupudzi

We have seen a lot of controversies emerge from the preaching of the message that Christians must prosper. The bible makes it clear that faith comes by hearing, hearing by the Word of God. This means if people are not being taught about prosperity they may not have the faith to prosper.

It takes faith to prosper. Not only that, but the church must be relevant in the market place. In the market place prosperity and entrepreneurial ability is very relevant. We are seeing a lot of industries, companies and cutting edge technologies being created by people who believe in many other things than God. People from many other diverse religions and beliefs are taking centre stage and are controlling key industries and fields such as media etc.

This then means if Christians are going to be key players in the global economy they need to be taught and trained to be prosperous. Prosperity is more than money, it's about having the capacity to move forward in any field. Whilst to suggest that prosperity is money only, is not wrong, but incomplete. In its completion, prosperity covers the well being of a person and the capacity to move forward. Then prosperity in its totality means someone's finances are inorder, health, spiritual state, emotional stability etc. All the facets of a person being in order in such a way that this individual or organisation has the capacity to move forward into the future.

Then if we look at money itself, money itself is not evil. The love of money is. Money is a tool, weapon, defense etc. Prayer moves the heavenly realm and money moves the earth. To get any job done on the earth realm, it costs money. Travelling, food etc. No major evangelism can be done without money, those who know about organising crusades know that sometimes organising major crusades costs anything between 6 figure and 7 figures. Yes it cost money to spread the word.

The new trend is that many pastors are building businesses and are becoming business tycoons. I am not referring to a pastor making money by fleecing the flock, absolutely not! There are preachers who are no longer on their church's payrolls. They have businesses that bring money day in and day out so they don't need to preach for money etc. This is the ideal place to be. In Revelations the bible says we are kings and priest. Priest in the church and kings in the market place. This means believes must go in the market place and manifest their kingship there by becoming key players in all fields. Whether its being a medical professor, athlete, engineer etc. One should rule and reign in their area of calling. Make your exploits in the market place and come to the church as a priest and give to the church as a financial bank roller of kingdom initiatives etc. This facet of being a priest includes serving the house as an Usher, helps ministry, intercessor etc.

It's unfortunate that prosperity has been associated with the sheep being fleeced, I am totally against this. People should also discern when a minister is calling for an offering out of the flesh and not in the spirit. Having said that, no one can force you to give, so give as God leads you, the decision is always yours.

I honestly believe any person be it a preacher or whoever is money hungry should go to the market place and run a business and make their money there! Last but not least, to say prosperity is money only, is not wrong but incomplete!!! Prosperity is the overall well being of a person and their capacity to move forward , health, emotional, spiritual and of course financial. So aluta continua with the well balanced message of prosperity.

Wisdom Mupudzi is an Infopreneur, Award Winning Author with 7 ebooks on the market. 
If you are looking for a good way to earn some good income as opposed to stay 'trapped' in a job, this is for you:
http://68008syph2lrco6lt841w7cp6o.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=F8L65VJ1

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print