If at first you dont succeed, try and try again
by Mark E Crossley

The bible says in Philippians 3 v 12- 14 says "Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren I do not count myself to have apprehended but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things that are ahead. I press towards the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus".

In his book Duncan Bannatyne 'Anyone can do it' which is a great motivational title for starters now is a successful well know multimillionaire as people see him today but it was not all rosy, he had a number of difficult obstacles along the way from his humble beginnings on a council estate, was sacked from a number of positions, has a criminal record for GBH, in and out of work, faced lots of debt through his businesses, lots of disagreements in various board rooms, business partners and rival traders but with self belief achieved lots of things he once dreamt of which now have come to pass.

His turning point was aged 30 when he started an ice cream business, then a series of nursing homes, followed by a chain of well known high quality gyms and now he is on dragons den on TV and the rest lets say is history and now so many doors are opening up for him he never thought possible.

You see friends, just as in the story above, life has its ups and its downs however we are not all called to be millionaires but we can be successful in God. As the scripture above says we should reach forward to those things that are ahead and finish the race of life off well.

You may have faced lots of rejection, hurt, illness, failure in your employment, broken relationships, debt and the thought of loosing your house and the list goes on friends today keep pressing on towards the goal that lies ahead for you.

In Christ Jesus you can and you will do whatever is on your heart but often we need to pray for a spirit of perseverance and if at first you don't succeed try and try again until you do. You never know what opportunity is around the next corner or what positive things will happen. We need to be careful that perseverance is not misconstrued as harassment or annoyance but then that is perception as with anything.

There is a song called "You raise me up" and I encourage you to purchase that CD as the words just speak volumes with regards to when you have fallen God can raise people up to more than you can believe to achieving your goals.

I pray the Lord would renew your spirit, touch you a fresh and give you the power to achieve the things He is calling you to and for you to be successful because of your faith and trust in Jesus Christ. Do you believe God can change things around for you?


When you have seen a break through please write a testimony on faith writers and encourage other readers of this site of how you kept going when at times it was hard, difficult and testing the hand of God was guiding you through and now have won the victory in God. Amen!!!.

If you have any comments, queries or suggestions regarding this article please do not hesitate to contact me by email at 
[email protected]. Thank You.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print