Examined Life
by Gary J. Borgstede

Scripture

Psalms 26:2 "Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; Try my mind and my heart."

Observation

In this verse, David prostrates himself before the Lord and opens his heart and his mind to be examined by the Lord. David understands that his life is safe in the hands of Almighty God, the only True and Righteous One, who knows his every thought and the motives of his heart.

Application

Socrates has said that, "the unexamined life is not worth living." Life becomes dark when I do not allow my life to be open and vulnerable to the Lord and others because our heart and our thoughts can easily deceive us. The only way that we can prevent ourselves from being led astray by deception is to allow God and others to examine us, speak truth to us in love, and expose our blind spots. The reason blind spots are called blind spots is because we cannot see them with our own eyes. The scariest thing about being deceived is that a deceived person does not know that they are deceived. Being open and vulnerable to God and others immediately solves the deception problem.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I praise You for You are All Knowing, Righteous, and True! Thank you Lord for searching me, knowing me, and leading me in Your paths of righteousness. By Your grace Lord, lead me into all truth and teach me all things as I open my life to You and to others who will speak truth in love to me. I love You Jesus! Amen!

Examined Life Copyright 2013, Gary J. Borgstede. You have permission to reprint the personal devotion, Examined Life, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print