The Soft Spot
by PamFord Davis

I have always been partial to newborn babies. Some people are afraid they'll break and prefer to keep them at arm's distance until they are older and less fragile. Since the early age of eleven, I've delighted in the care I could give to the wee-ones. They are dependent on parents and caregivers; I remember my Mom's words of warning. "Watch out for the soft spot!"

At the top of babies' heads, I could at times see the soft spot moving in and out in rhythm with the babies' heartbeat. WOW! I carefully held the baby's wobbly head at the nape of their neck, paying special attention to the tender soft spot atop their head. We grow up; seemingly, we are less fragile and vulnerable to injury. In reality, we all need the protective hands of the Lord.

"I cling to you, and your hand keeps me safe (Psalms 63:8 TEV)." God is keenly aware of my soft spots of fear, discouragement, worry and impatience. I cling to him; his hand securely holds me, protecting me. He keeps me from harming myself and tarnishing my testimony. He not only witnesses the beating of my heart; he sustains my life and caresses my soft spots.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print