Can God See You In Your Generation?
by Olawale Ogunsola

Since creation, mankind has been living in generations. A generation comes and goes as another arrives. The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, is contained in Matthew 1:1-17. This is summarized in verse seventeen thus,
"So all the generations from Abraham
to David are fourteen generations, from
David until the Captivity in Babylon are fourteen generations, and from the captivity
in Babylon until the Christ are fourteen generations."

It can be safely said that one generation begets another according to the plan of God. Each person serves his/her generation and departs. We read about David in Acts 13;36,
"For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell asleep, was buried with his fathers (of preceding generations), and saw corruption;"

Pay attention to the phrase "by the will of God". This points to the truth that each person is sent to serve his /her generation "by the will of God." That is the main reason for being in a generation.
The bible records about David, before his first anointing as a king over Israel,
'Now the Lord said to Samuel,
"How long will you mourn for Saul seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel?
Fill your horn with oil, and go, I am sending
you to Jesse the Bethlemite. For I have provided myself a king among his sons." I Samuel 16;1.
David, the son of Jesse ended being the king God had provided Himself.

As generations come and go, one common thing about all generations is that they are all evil. No generation can ever be said to be good. Be it in the family, town, city, country or the whole world at large.

The family.
Be it nuclear or extended, every family is bad because everyone has sinned and come short of God's glory.

Jesus Christ declares in Matthew 10;36 that ' a man's enemies will be those of his own household'.
Can an household where a member is an enemy to one or two of his members be said to be good?

Were Joseph's ten brothers who sold him into slavery good? Thank God that He meant it for Good.

A Town or City.
Do you remember that Sodom and Gomorrah were great but wicked cities destroyed by God? Genesis 19;1-29; 18;20-33.

Country.
Do you know of a good and prefect Country? Name it! Syria was so bad that Abraham was commanded by God to
"Get out of your country...
To a land that I will show you." Genesis 12:1.

The World at large.
Genesis 6:5 reads, "Then the Lord saw the wickedness of man was great in earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

Can God see you in your own household, town/city, country or on the earth as the righteous?
The Lord is looking for someone that will be different and serve his/her generation "by the will of God".

Do you fit in?

From his family, household and country, God saw Abraham and separated him for His purpose.

In his generation, the Lord saw Noah. He saw Enoch in his generation.

John the Baptist and Jesus Christ also served by the will of God in their evil generation.

This generation is full of evil, let the Lord God see you serving by His will. Be seperated for God's use. Be available as His saint.

It is pertinent to state that in any evil generation, you need the Holy Spirit to live according to the will of God. Read Acts 1:8; Zechariah 4:6; Romans 8:14-17.

Therefore, be filled with the Spirit of God as His own and let Gof see you in your evil generation as one that lives "by the will of God".

It shall be well with you in Jesus' name. Stay blessed and rapturable!


The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print