Belittled Temptation
by Bolaji O.Timothy

If you have a loaf of bread to go through the whole week, with a bottle of 1 litter of water, a dollar to keep through a month, a cloth or two for 6 months, and you are that poor to have a small cottage behind the city, beside the dung where you are a common night feast to the bed bug because you cannot afford the near city residence, will you call these temptations or situations? They are pathetic situations as well as temptations. You might want to let this go by all means and fall into divers' sins in order to alleviate your situation; then you may have erred. Or the situation might tempt you to label God a partial, impotent, insensitive and never in existence God. It could bring all kinds of doubt out of you that you either become a committed atheist or a "believer atheist."

Let say, if you have more than 10 loaves with their assorted accessories for each day, several thousands of dollars to meet up daily expenses, more than two three and four cloths to meet up each days occasions and that's up to the statistical calculation without any repetition throughout the year . You live in the best of the mansion and have the grace and fat pulse to travel round the whole world without any qualms. You have all it takes to acquire many properties invest in real estate. Many have marked you one of the celebrated personalities. Should we call this temptation or promotion? The situation can blow your heart and head that you act too big for God to handle and probably wished some portion of the scripture could be removed and new scripture could be publish for your concept is too big to fix in.

Here is another case, he was not able to proceed beyond the least level of education and really could not explore the ability of academics. everyone in most of his conversation had judged him really humble " he is humble " one women exclaimed but is he really humble or his situation made a companion of inferiority complex he had sought since to please . This temptation had made many keep the Holy Spirit out of their beloved lives so potential gifts and abilities are wasted and not given wonder of possibilities. But here is another case, I heard him floating in the air with many academic grammars, as he milled out concepts and theories and systematically rolled out his ideas. He was voted best and wants to impose on all in the fold at the expense of the scripture; after all, he was the most educated fellow in the midst. As a celebrated personality, his ideas must hold the ground for and by this, those who are thrilled by "his should be the most enlightened ideas" are set in conflicts with those who never consider his certificate and education and will not just see any reason why these ideas should be accepted and adopted. There was division in the house of God. It is a belittled temptation yet grievous.

Can you imagine a leader heard that one of his rag tagged member discovered his treasure? This young man had shared lots of his ordeals and sorrow with him, and in many cases they had prayed together that God should intervene. The young man discovered a fortune and this will end his years of hardship. What do you think is the possibilities? I suppose the spirit filled counselor should jubilate for this break though. But it is also that the same counselor envied the young man. That is the likelihood of temptation to the covetous minister.
You must have loved to buy a type of car, build a type of house, procure some types of properties and achieve great fits, and many years you have laboured anxiously and prayerfully, you are not close to the grace of having all of these but there is one of the children you have trained up in your Sunday school and you have many times prayed for him or her he or she got all these easily in few years, what will be your response!
Since the day you have been walking with God, you had not had special "dream/revelation "according to your judgment. Like the one the Lord is showing the new convert, your students in Sunday school or a restored backslider. How do you feel? Like the prodigal sons' elder brother!

We may be conscious and discipline to that extent not to yield to eternal temptation of "adultery, fornication and many others, there are many internal issues that cause distraction and subsequently lead to temptation. Yet we belittled them. There are thought that take hold of our careless moments and introduce us to issues and matters that have the potential to make us sin against God. They commence in our thoughts and we hardly ever think of them as sin, but if we follow their commitment with ease, we'll find ourselves sinning at the end of the road. It is the old enemy gimmick; this was the pattern in the Eden. Devil always commence the war of temptation from a subtle point and always from the heart Gen 3:1. He always seeks to remove the immunity of believer against his subtle attack and here is the starting pointing.

He will first seek for "ATTENTION" he seeks attention in a man's mind. He will discuss issue that surrounds and pertinent to us. He is going somewhere but needs attentions ultimately to win us to his side or ideas. The second step he opens up conversations. In this stage, he will bring in, two major thing " CONCERNS AND COURTESY" he will be so respective in dealing with us as well present his intention in supposed love ( fake love ) so that we may be deceived and exposed. "IT IS ALL ABOUT YOU" is his major slogan however, it is all about him(to kill, steal and destroy). How real in his conversation, he will generate DISTRACTIONS, CONFUSIONS and REASONS to belief him and lastly he will give a counsel aid encouragement to implement his counsel, once this is done, be sure sinned is committed; exposed and naked is the fellow!

Situation, frustration, promotion and education does not create immunity against the vices of this old warrior, he comes in a subtle manner. So we have to heed the warning of Paul apostle ""Abstain from all appearance of evil! 1Thess 5:22 and whoever think he or she is well standing should take serious heed!

Bolaji

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print