Returning to the Heart of Worship
by Marie Grossett

John 4:24 "It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itselfSpirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration." MSG

Worship is a topic that is often discussed. But what is not often mentioned is worship in spirit and truth, the kind of people that the Father is looking out for.

Often times we hear preachers encouraging saints to worship God when he blesses or is about to bless us, but God doesn't desire worship in this way, as it is not about what we can get from him.

The above scripture states your worship must engage your spirit in pursuit of truth. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves in adoration. Meaning whatever our circumstance, whether times are good or bad we should still praise and honour God lifting up our voices deep from the soul, this is what true worship is.

Which category of worshipers do you fall into, now be honest:-
1.Do you worship God in spirit and truth because you genuinely love and adore him?
2.Are you just lip service in your heart you don't mean what you say?
3.Are you worshiping God only when he blesses?

Those of you who fall into category one just continue to worship God in this way, as you are doing what he desires. If you are in the category of two or three you have some self examination to do and need to question why you worship God in this way.

If you are a number two worshiper this could boil down to the fact that you don't have a relationship with God, or you're going through a situation believing God for something which hasn't arrived in the natural as yet, this causes you to lose faith.

I'm sure you don't want to be stuck as a number two worshiper, so how do you be number one? There's a song by Odyessy entitled Going back to my roots, and that is the key you need to go back to your Christian roots. Build up a relationship with God, get involved in church activities, read the Bible, be around other people that will help build and edify you. If you're going through a circumstance trusting God for something and are losing faith quote this verse, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" Mark 9:24.

Ask God to help you with your unbelief read scripture on trust, meditate and quote them whenever doubt starts to appear. Also don't keep focusing on the problem focus on a solution do what you can in the natural and just leave it in God's hand.


If you worship God only when he gives you a blessing then I suggest you go on your knees to repent and ask God to help you become less selfish. You are being selfish when you worship God just for a blessing as it's all about you. You will be amazed on how God will take care of your needs when you come out of the 'it's all about me' bubble. It's annoys me when preacher's say praise the Lord for his going to give you this or that. What they need to remember is God knows our motives and if we want something for the wrong motive I very much doubt that God will give it to us. All we need to do is just love, trust and obey our Lord keeping him first in our lives and the rest will follow.

Once we begin to self exam clearing our hearts, mind, and really start worshiping God in spirit and truth you will be amazed by the difference. Not only will you be refreshed spirituality, but also mentally and physically.

Let's make a decision to come back to the heart of worship where it's all about Jesus.

Be encouraged!

Marie Grossett aka Vanessa Grossett is a published Author, and has interviewed best selling and award winning Christian Authors.

She is a Literary Agent at The Authors Care Services ltd. www.theauthorscare.co.uk [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print