First Sighting
by PamFord Davis

We live in the flat lands of the Arkansas-Louisiana-Mississippi Delta. My husband is as happy as a lark when driving on flatland roads. Personally, I prefer the scenery of hilly and mountains terrain. I guess you could take this girl out of Upstate NY country life but not erase the memories. Getting back to flat-lands, we recently realized how far into the distance we could see on a straight road that we had traveled countless times.

Driving after dark, my husband noticed a light far ahead and wondered what it was. Then we commented on how far away we could see it, before knowing its source. After a while, we could identify it as a traffic light in a small town. We were both surprised at how far away we could see its light. It fascinated us so much that on another night outing we decided to clock the miles from the first sighting. To our amazement, the light shone at a distance of approximately four miles.

Is my light shining? "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven (Matthew 5:14-16 RSV)." I choose to travel on the straight and narrow path and hold high the light of his word.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print