Daily Victory
by Susan Gurney

Read Psalm 98:1-9

"Let the mountains sing together for joy." Psalm 98:8 (NIV)

Weariness melted away as our group of twenty young adults entered the incredibly beautiful mountain valley that had been the goal of our two day hike. We gasped in awe as we gazed upon ribbons of waterfalls cascading down the sides of the closely surrounding mountains.

The long trail to this valley had been well marked, but difficult for young hikers carrying heavy packs. Crossing a rushing stream on a fallen log had even caused me and others to wonder if the destination was going to be worth the fear and hardship. The goal now reached, our voices lifted in laughter and song echoed from the mountains the joy of a task completed in spite of the challenges to body and spirit.

As we daily walk with God, may our voices ever be raised in praise to Him who helps us come through fearful and wearing difficulties triumphantly.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, thank you for bringing us through both the big and little difficulties of daily life. Help us not to forget to trust you through it all--and to praise you for the victory. Amen.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Difficulties become victories with God's help!

Susan Gurney writes devotionals, poetry, short stories, memoirs, and nonfiction on family history, faith and nature. She has experience writing/editing church and family newsletters. Find Susan at http://ssimonsgurney.christianblogsites.com/blog/      Copyright 2013 Susan Simons Gurney

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print