Accessing The Power To Be Like God On Earth
by Ngozi Nwoke

Why are Christians not as God in this world when the scriptures say that we are gods? Why are Christians not exercising the power to be like God on earth? The answer lies in our walk of love. This article shares how walking in love empowers to live like Christ.

And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world - 1 John 4:16-17 (NKJV, emphasis mine)

He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him." - John 3:2 (NIV)

Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work - John 14:10 (NIV)

We are to be like God on earth in every area of our lives. This is God's perfect original plan but we see this not being so in the lives of Christians. They are buffeted and battered by the enemy, yet they are gods, Psalm 82:6.

Jesus lived as God on earth and His secret was that God was with Him all through His walk on earth. The scriptures say that he who abides in love abides in God and God in him, and Jesus abided in God's love, John 15:10. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil because God was with Him, Acts 10:38.

When you walk in love, Christ will dwell in you and you will be empowered to be like God on earth. If you desire to do exploits and enjoy all round victory, then you need to walk in love. Walking in love is walking in God, in His dominion and authority.

If you love others, God will live in you and His love will be perfected in you, 1 John 4:12. When you allow the love of God to be expressed through you, you manifest God on earth. God desires to manifest Himself on earth but He can only do so through vessels that manifest God's love, John 14:21

Whatever you love about God you can be by expressing His nature of love. Expressing the love of God in words and action is the power you need to be like God on earth.

Joseph walked in love towards the king's prisoners and he ended up manifesting the wisdom of God that landed him as the number two-man in Egypt, Genesis 40-41

Paul and Barnabas were called gods in Lystra when a man was healed by their hands, Acts 14:8-11. Also, the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch because they manifested Christ in all they did, and it was recorded that the hand of God was with them, Acts 11:21, 26.

Furthermore, Dorcas, a woman full of good works and charitable deeds which she did, is another vessel of God's love to take note of. God manifested His love through her so much that the people of Joppa didn't want her to die yet. They had to send for Peter asking him to come quickly and raise her from the dead, which he did, Acts 9:36-42

In conclusion, truly you can be like God on earth, but it takes walking in love to realize it in your life because God dwells in and works with anyone who dwells in love. The love of God is the power you need to live like Christ on earth.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print