Minor Annoyance or God's Intervention?
by Susan Gurney

Read Lamentations 3:19-26

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail." Lamentations 3:22 (NIV)

You may never see the headline, "Spider Saves Child's Life", but I can attest to its truth...

My ten year old fears spiders, so it did not surprise me when she called to me, frightened by yet another wayward arachnid. Since this had lately become routine, I was annoyed. I couldn't even take care of the problem since my daughter's girlfriend was asleep on the bottom bunk where my daughter normally slept--and the spider was on the top bunk! I got out an extra blanket and irritably told my daughter to sleep on the couch.

The next morning--as the friend helped move my daughter's stuffed animals back to their usual place by throwing them up to my daughter on the top bunk--the three central boards supporting the top mattress collapsed. Praise God, no one was hurt! If my daughter had slept on the top bunk the night before, the slats could have fallen then and perhaps seriously injured her friend sleeping below. I continue to praise God for sending the annoyance of that tiny spider.

We may never know how many times the minor annoyances that come our way are really God's compassionate intervention.

PRAYER: Thank you, Lord, for your compassion and intervention hidden in minor annoyances. Amen.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: His compassions NEVER fail!

Susan Gurney writes devotionals, poetry, short stories, memoirs, and nonfiction on family history, faith and nature. She has experience writing/editing church and family newsletters. Find Susan at http://ssimonsgurney.christianblogsites.com/blog/      Copyright 2013 Susan Simons Gurney

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print