Great Things are Done One Step at a Time
by Emily Van rijn

When we were on holiday during the summer holidays, Johan and I went on a walk with our 2 year old Hannah. The walk we were going on would take about half an hour. As we got out of the car, I wondered whether I should let Hannah walk or whether I should put her in the pushchair. I decided to let her walk, but wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not. We would have to go really slow for her to keep up.

But I was in for a surprise! True, Hannah did walk slow as her legs aren't as long as ours. But Hannah never stopped! Her legs were like a machine that was turned on and she kept on going steadily. Slowly. but steadily.

We came to a bridge. Johan and I stopped and looked down at the beautiful stony river. When we looked up Hannah had disappeared down the path. We had to catch up to her!

Johan and I hid behind trees so Hannah could find us. Hannah just glanced at us and kept walking!

We eventually stopped for a rest, but Hannah had taught me a lesson.

You can accomplish a lot by just keeping at it. You may not be able to go very fast, but if you are consistent and don't give up, you'll eventually get there.

I have projects that I am working on, but sometimes they go slow as I don't have much time to do them. They sometimes seem overwhelming. It's tempting to just give up as I feel like I'll never get there. But if I consistently work on them, even if it's only a little each day or a little each week, they will get accomplished.

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." Galatians 6:9


You can contact me at [email protected]

Emily van Rijn
encouragementforbusymums.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print