The Obedience of Faith
by Toni Babcock

Jesus said, "In the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." (John 16:33 KJV)

Now here is hope from the Savior. It doesn't matter where the trouble comes from, as long as we know Him through whom we have the ultimate victory. This victory begins with the obedience of faith; a faith that begins in the HEART, for the heart is especially gifted by God with the capacity to believe on the Lord Jesus, and receive His Spirit.

To illustrate this, it was necessary for my mind to be exposed to the truth of God before I could believe the truth; and it was necessary for my conscience to be exposed to my sinfulness before I could accept God's forgiveness. In like manner, it was necessary for my will to be exposed to the authority of God before I could learn to surrender my own power. But it was my HEART, transformed by grace through the power of Jesus Christ and His gospel that finally delivered me from myself, for I realized I could not will myself into God's favor; it was only through the power of Christ I could be saved. "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:10 KJV)

Christ died and rose again for sinners like you and me. Has your heart experienced the obedience of faith?

Copyright 2013

Copyright 2022. Toni Babcock is author of Reflections from the Heart in Light of the Gospel of Jesus, and The Stone Writer, Christian Fiction for Young Readers and Teens. Many of her devotionals have been featured on www.faithwriters.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print