Here Am I
by Steve Countryman

This phrase kept repeating from my lips this morning in prayer. I said it over and over again. My God has once again put me in a state of awe. It is difficult for me to grasp the real fact that I live and I am experiencing one of the most exciting times in history. That God chose me before time began for a place and time such as this to live and be an influence on my surroundings for His kingdom. Of ALL of the miracles, signs, wonders and mighty displays of power and authority that God has done through time, none of it will match what He has planned for this time and place! It will be like the world has never seen and you and I have been chosen by God to be part of it! All I could say was "Here am I".

Acts 2:17-21 17 "'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. 18 Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. 19 I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke. 20 The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord. 21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

Haggai 2:9 'The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,' says the Lord Almighty. '

Thinking about all of the great people in the Bible and how mighty God worked in and through them, I couldn't help but look at me and wonder why did you God pick me? I am no one special but here am I Lord. I am not a super Christian but here am I Lord. I make mistakes, loose my temper, stumble and fall but here am I Lord. I don't have the Bible memorized by chapter and verse but here am I Lord. I have my faults, flaws and failures but here am I Lord. I am not the Christian that I should be but here am I Lord. I have my doubts and fears at times but here am I Lord. Here am I Lord, here am I!

That is when God reminded me of this passage. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

God is not looking for perfect people or super human Christians. He is just looking for those Christians who love Him, who are obedient to His Word and who are willing and available to do what He asks of them! We don't have to be able or knowledgeable just willing to let the Holy Spirit have His way in us, to us, for us, with us and through us. God's grace is represented by the number 5 in the Bible. Anytime you see a list of 5 things look for God's grace! It is His grace, that is sufficient for us, that will provide ALL our needs!

I heard it once said that "Those great people of the Bible were not great people at all but ordinary people who made great decisions". That is who I am or should I say who I hope to be! One who makes great decisions. Lord, just as I am, here am I!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print