Coronation Day
by PamFord Davis

My husband Norm and I thoroughly enjoy watching old-old movies. I infer circa 1940-1960. The title of one from 1951 in our collection is Royal Wedding, starring Fred Astaire and Jane Powell. It focused not only on romantic song and dance routines; producers used actual footage of the 1947 royal marriage of Queen-to-be Elizabeth to Philip Duke of Edinburgh. Yes, the paparazzi captured the historic moment. From coronation to funerals with heads of state, commoners follow the lives of the royal family.

We may be simple folk, but all children of the King have a coronation day in our future. "Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible (1 Corinthians 9:24-25 KJV)." Brides throw their bouquets but the bride of the Lamb-His church will cast their crowns! (Revelation 4:10-11) With submission and praise, we will cry out, "Thou art worthy, O Lord (Revelation 4:11KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print