Itsy Bitsy Spider
by PamFord Davis

Itsy Bitsy Spider is a childhood favorite
http://www.rhymes.org.uk/itsy_bitsy_spider.htm

My children and grandchildren sang it and carefully demonstrated the hand motions. When my son-in-law was stationed at Lakenheath AFB in England, our daughter sent us both video and audio-cassette recordings of their sons. They were ages two and four when they moved to England and those recordings are priceless. I remember their adorable British accents as they sang Itsy Bitsy Spider.

I am not paranoid about spiders. Growing up in Central NY State, my parents introduced me to the Daddy Long Legs family, at an early age. Here in the Deep South, we have many varieties and they get into my space on a regular basis. I usually squash them under foot or hit them with a fly swatter with little fanfare. I do not consider them a big threat, just a nuisance to eradicate. But (Such a little word with important position)

But, when I saw a Icky Big Spider in my computer area poised atop my framed "Writer's Prayer," from friend Arlene, my fear and dread was far from itsy bitsy. I did not know how to reach him in order to carry out a swift execution. I dreaded missing the menace, and his scurrying away to only reappear, or worse yet, make his presence known down around my feet and ankles. It's so nice to have a man around the house!

My husband Norm came to my rescue and killed big daddy. Fear of spiders is nothing new. Fear itself is nothing new. It surfaced first in the Garden of Eden. (Genesis 3:7-10) It followed on the footsteps of sin. God called out to Adam, asking where he was. "He said, I heard the sound of You [walking] in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself (Genesis 3:10 Amplified Bible)." I face my fears. I fight my fears through faith in God.

"What time I am afraid, I will have confidence in and put my trust and reliance in You (Psalm 56:3 Amplified Bible)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print