My Day in Court
by Tonja Taylor

"Once you were not a people at all, but now you are God's people; once you were unpitied, but now you are pitied and have received mercy." - 1 Peter 2:10

My friend had driven several hours to be with me in court. We were listed first on the list, but lunch was quickly approaching and we were a little frustrated, and hungry. Most people had arrived after us, and had already been served.

Finally, there were just two cases left: mine and one to settle between a divorced couple about visiting rights for the children. The judge had started hearing this case earlier then tabled it.

After hearing the conflicting testimonies of the mother, then the father, the judge, who had in every case before that been humble and even a bit light-hearted, suddenly became red-faced and spoke sternly.

When the wife objected, he found her in contempt and ordered her to 30 days in jail. Her face turned pale. He dismissed the case. Then it was my turn.

My stomach clenched. My relief at getting out before lunch now leaned toward fear that his anger would carry over to me. This judge, humble though he seemed to be, had absolute authority. The case would go the way HE decided.

I did not understand why I had been selected to be the very last case before the break, when mine was the shortest and simplest of all. I said a prayer in my heart, "Jesus, have mercy!"

I respectfully approached the bench with my papers and my witness. When I came before him, the judge smiled and whispered, "Don't worry. Yours is a different case!"

Relief washed over me. He asked the few simple questions, and, within two minutes, my case was closed. I thanked him for his wisdom and his help.

As my friend and I left the courtroom, I realized God had just taught me more about the grace He extends toward His childrentoward all who accept His beloved Son Jesus, and are covered by His blood. He is a holy God Who is sovereign, Who has absolute authority.

Without the favor of the blood, we are automatically found guilty and condemned. But with the blood of Jesus covering our sins, instead of facing a stern and angry judge, we are welcomed and pardoned by our holy but merciful and loving Father Who accepts us because He accepts the price Jesus paid for all our wrongs.

Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print