Grueling Golden Years
by PamFord Davis

Today, we will focus on what King Solomon said about grueling golden years. He understood ailments of the aging. Muscles become weak and joints grow stiff. "At that time your arms will lose their strength. Your strong legs will become weak and bent (Ecclesiastes 12:3a NCV)."

Teeth decay. Eyesight deteriorates. "Your teeth will fall out so you cannot chew. Your eyes will not see clearly (Ecclesiastes 12:3b NCV)." Loss of hearing is common. "Your ears will be deaf to the noise in the streets. You will barely hear singing (Ecclesiastes 12:4a NCV)."

Not steady on their feet. Hair color fades. "You will fear high places. And you will be afraid to go for a walk because you may fall. Your hair will become white like the flowers on an almond tree (Ecclesiastes 12:5a NCV)." He came to a decided conclusion.

"Now, everything has been heard. Here is my final advice: Honor God and obey his commands. This is the most important thing people can do (Ecclesiastes 12:13 NCV)." We benefit from sage wisdom. Solomon sought wisdom above wealth, health or fame.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print