Swings a Wide Rope
by PamFord Davis

Yesterday, I heard a remarkable bit of local news. It seems an area rancher in a nearby community had a theft of cattle valued at over $3,000. Cattle rustlers are making a comeback! I do not know any details as to how the perpetrators carried out their plan. Did the thief use a lasso to capture the herd one-by-one?

We can be winners, taking back prized thought processes, through spiritual roping competition. "for the weapons used in my warfare are not mere human ones, but through my God are mighty for demolishing fortresses. For I am demolishing arguments and every barrier that is raised against the genuine knowledge of God (2 Corinthians 10:4-5a Williams New Testament)."

We recapture spoil the evil wrestler of tranquility took from us. "taking captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5b Williams New Testament)." Satan may swing a wide rope, but God equips me for spiritual battle with exactly what I need and precisely when I need it.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print