From Hair to Heaven
by PamFord Davis

Ladies, I date myself when I recall the days of going to a beauty parlor for a shampoo and a set at the cost of $6.50. Men, you have your personalized memories of leisurely Saturday mornings at your favorite barbershop. In my experiences, there were two most pleasurable parts of having my hair done.

First, I relaxed as the stylist leaned my head back over the sink and began to run warm water over my head; she worked in fragrant shampoo (a favorite had a mint scent). With gentle hand action, she worked the shampoo into luxurious lather and invigorated my scalp. After a thorough rinsing routine, she applied conditioner and partially towel dried my hair. An ahh response

"He died to make the church holy. He used the telling of the Good News to make the church clean by washing it with water (Ephesians 5:26 ERV)

The finale pleasurable moment occurred, as my hair stylist offered me a hand mirror. She swirled me around in my chair allowing me to see the completed style from front to back. I felt like a new woman. I must admit there have been a few times when I was not pleased with the finished product, but those times pale in comparison.

"Now we see God as if we are looking at a reflection in a mirror. But then, in the future, we will see him right before our eyes. Now I know only a part, but at that time I will know fully, as God has known me (1 Corinthians 13:12b ERV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print