This Precious Book Will Outlive Them All
by Dr. Henderson Ward

Believers are tired telling the world that one of the proofs that the Holy Bible is God's Word is its indestructibility. Powerful nations have tried the direct approach to destroying the Bible; burning it, preventing its publication and distribution and others have tried the roundabout approach; persecuting those who live by it and ostracising those who are thought to condone its teaching. Yet for all their efforts the Bible is as useful in the spiritual life of people today as it ever was.

Believers know the power of the Bible, how riveting and efficacious its message, how it is neigh impossible to live right without its doctrines and how it is perfectly suited for the upliftment of all peoples and civilizations. Even the secular world is taking note that many people who do not attend church are avid readers and believers in God's Holy Word.

Many people are unaware that some of the most learned and prominent people throughout history have had the highest regard and utmost respect for the Holy Bible. Here are just a few of the quotes from these famous people:

"The Bible is no mere book, but a Living Creature, with a power that conquers all that oppose it. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne and I myself have founded empires, but upon what do these creations of our genius depend?--Upon force! Jesus alone founded His empire upon love, and to this very day millions would die for Him." - Napoleon Bonaparte, (1769-1821) Emperor of France.

"All that I think, all that I hope, all that I write, all that I live for, is based upon the divinity of Jesus Christ, the central joy of my poor, wayward life. I have known 95 of the World's greatest men in my time, and of these, 87 were followers of the Bible." - William Gladstone, (1809-1898) Prime Minister of England.

"It is impossible to rightly govern the World without God & the Bible." - George Washington, (1732-1799) First U.S.A. President.

"The New Testament is the very best book that was or ever will be known in the World." - Charles Dickens, (1812-1870) English novelist.

"The first and almost only book deserving of universal attention is the Bible. I speak as a man of the World. So great is my veneration for the Bible, that the earlier my children begin to read it, the more confident will be my hope that they will prove useful citizens of their country and respectable members of society. I have for many years made it a practice to read through the Bible once every year." - John Quincy Adams, (1767-1848) Sixth U.S.A. President.

"All human discoveries seem to be made only for the purpose of confirming more & more strongly the truth contained in the Sacred Scriptures." - Sir William Herschel, (1738-1822) Astronomer (discoverer of the planet Uranus)

At times it would seem that the rise of the Bible has been hindered, shackled and reversed, even silenced, but all such appearances were false, for though it looked that way at times, just like the phoenix rising from the ashes, the Bible has shown supernatural powers to thrive amidst overwhelming adversity.

People need to be reminded of a powerful truth from the New Testament, spoken by Gamaliel at the trial of Jesus' disciples:

"And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." (Acts 5:38-39)

Please note the stipulation, "if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it" for many have tried and failed and as sure as night follows day many more will try and just as the others, are destined to fail.

Europe is the latest example of the powerful Holy Bible triumphing in circumstances that are extremely hostile. Remember that Europe is now describing itself as "post Christian" and fashioning itself along hedonistic lines and adopting things, like same sex marriage that were at one time anathema to its culture and people.

People can be described as "post Christian" when they have abandoned the Bible and relegated God to the dustbin of history and any traces of the faith that remain are minute and dwindling.

But wait a minute, the Bible in Europe is not dead yet so stop singing the death chants and pronouncing the last rites for "if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it".

This story, hot off the press, was published in the Associated Press today, with the headlines:

Bibles strong comeback surprises secular Norway

Imagine that.

The Holy Bible is now the top selling book in "post Christian" Norway, a secular country forming part of "post Christian" Europe.

Here is how the Associated Press started the article:

" It may sound like an unlikely No. 1 best-seller for any country, but in Norway one of the most secular nations in an increasingly godless Europe the runaway popularity of the Bible has caught the country by surprise. The Scriptures, in a new Norwegian language version, even outpaced "Fifty Shades of Grey" to become Norway's best-selling book."

The article goes on to describe how surprised people are and their reaction to the news and it is worth quoting a little more of the article:

"The sudden burst of interest in God's word has also spread to the stage, with a six-hour play called "Bibelen," Norwegian for "the Bible," drawing 16,000 people in a three-month run that recently ended at one of Oslo's most prominent theaters. Officials of the Lutheran Church of Norway has stopped short of calling it a spiritual awakening, but they see the newfound interest in the Bible as proof that it still resonates in a country where only 1 percent of the 5 million residents regularly attends church."

The full article can be read here:

http://www.telegram.com/article/20130606/NEWS/306069933/1052/RSS01&source=rss

Believers do not get over-excited about these things since we know that whatever is happening, or appears to be happening, on the surface the reality is that no one can read the heart but God and all the froth that is said, all the polls that are taken cannot accurately assess what is happening to the Christian message and people's attachment to and love for the Holy Bible.

Peoples and countries and politicians and leaders say what suits them and their disparate agendas, but the truth often resides elsewhere. Nevertheless believers are heartened that is spite of the European trend towards godlessness there is strong evidence that determined believers are strongly upholding Christian principles across the European continent, in common with believers elsewhere, and the general population are not all jumping on the godless bandwagon.

This reminds us of some powerful truths:

1. The Holy Bible is still reaching men and women and its message is still converting souls to Christ, "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)

2. All you need for salvation and righteous living is contained in the Bible, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." (2 Timothy 3:16-17) and "Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. " (Jude 1:3)

3. Faithful believers will persist and keep the light shining so that in time others may be won for God. " Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." (1 Corinthians 15:58)

4. The Bible, God's Word, will outlast humans for no power on earth can destroy it since its continuity is guaranteed by heaven. "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." (Isaiah 40:8) "But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you." (1 Peter 1:25)

Enough said.

Books by this author (non-fiction except indicated otherwise)

E-books Published by Amazon.com
If you do not have a Kindle then when you access the site, click on How Buying Works and you will see the FREE apps for Computer, Cell phone, etc Then click as appropriate.

THINGS EVERY CHRISTIAN SHOULD KNOW (e-book)
Volume 1 Five tough facts to be faced
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YX5NSI

STAND UP TO THE DEVIL (e-book)
Volume 1 You must first identify him
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BQVLSS

BASTARD: A STORY OF REDEMPTION(e-book fiction)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006OF3SD6

ONE MINUTE TO MIDNIGHT ON GOD'S CLOCK (Hard copy)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002X78D16

ONE MINUTE TO MIDNIGHT ON GOD'S CLOCK (e-book)
http://tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=978-1-60799-630-9

Dr. Henderson Ward received his Doctor of Divinity in theology, with distinction, from Masters International School of Divinity, USA, where he is currently a post-doctoral fellow. Dr. Ward's career involved pastoring, evangelism, and teaching. Copyright 2017

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print