I miss my time with you
by Andrea Ogunba

Sheila stared impatiently at the car in front of her.

The intersection was busy and it seemed like it was taking forever for the lights to turn green. She only had a few minutes to pick the kids up, drop them off with the baby sitter and head back to work. 'I should never have turned off at this exit; Exit 9 wouldn't have been this busy'.

"Come on lights.' She gripped the steering wheel.

Distractedly, she pressed the button and inspirational channel MyPraise102.5 came on.

" I miss my time with you
those moments together
I need to be with you each day
and it hurts me when you say
you're too busy
busy trying to serve me
but how can you serve me
when your spirit's empty
there's a longing in my heart
wanting more than just a part of you"

Larnelle Harris She remembered she had heard the song before.

Hmmm

Just that morning she had prayed, "God I can't take this pressure anymore. Help me here; I'm almost at the end of my rope. I'm doing all these things, serving you but something isn't right here'

It had been a very hectic period for her; it was the end of a tax season at work, Michael, a Surgeon, had been busy in the hospital so it had been her left to attend to the kids, and then she had been so busy with church. She constantly felt tired. Each night when the kids finally played themselves to sleep, she snuggled under her sheets and slept till morning. They usually woke her up, and the cycle continued.

'Drained Lord, that's how I feel'

'Sheila, you have no reason to feel drained. When My strength fills you up, you are able to take on more than your natural strength can tackle'

'But I am in constant touch with you'

'Are you really.?"

The lights finally turned green. Then for some reason, the song was on repeat at the station so she was able to hear the first stanza;

'There He was just waiting,
in our old familiar place
an empty spot beside Him,
where once I used to wait
to be filled with strength and wisdom
for the battles of the day
I would have passed Him by again
if I didn't hear Him say I miss my time with you'

"Am I really?"

She thought back to her daily routine, 'sleep, time with Michael, kids, work, kids, work, kids, sleep"

There was the usual time spent in church on Sundays and some weekdays, she was very committed in church, never missing a choir session. Michael and the kids always had hot homemade meals waiting for them. Surely she should earn a badge!

But she knew something was missing

'But the kids keep me so busy, I hardly have time to pray or study your word anymore"

'Without Me, you are nothing'

'I go to church, I sing for you'

'I need YOU, not just the things you do for me. The same way your relationship with your kids goes beyond matching their socks for school and making them a ham and cheese sandwich, I need to talk with you; I need you to let me fill you up Sheila, you have no reason to struggle to have or be anythingMichael and the kids are your priority, you always make time for them. If I even came close to them on your priority list, you would make time for me. I miss my time with you'

Hearing it this way, she knew it was true.

She even had a date night with Michael every weekend. She had time to take the kids swimming, she had time to do all that baking for the kids, yet she always felt she didn't have time to pray..

*****

How are YOU doing today?

Yes Y.O.U?

God isn't a 'magic wand' you wave when you face challenges and desire instant answers.

The Holy Spirit is a real living Person (more real than the device you are reading this post with) who desires intimacy with you.

Away with the excuses; away with the 'I need a change but it's just not happening'; away with the 'I feel so burned out, can I ever bounce back again?'

When you REALLY want that change, you'll sit still before Him and let Him fill you up. In His Presence is all the love, strength, peace, beauty you need.

Stop running around looking for someone to pray for you or give you the easy way out. The one true easy way out is in His Presence.

I am not sure who you are reading this today, but I am sure of this one truth: The Holy Spirit is a Person, a real person who desires the deepest intimacy with you, He wants to help you, He wants to do things in your life that would make everyone ask you "how did that happen?".

Please spend time with Him; He's here to make your life easier, He's here to comfort you, to heal your hurt emotions, to direct you to make the right decisions He is with you now, just speak with Him.

"The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at My request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I'm leaving you well and whole. That's my parting gift to you. Peace. I don't leave you the way you're used to being leftfeeling abandoned, bereft. So don't be upset. Don't be distraught." (John 14:26-27 The Msg)

I know life can get busy, but this is just a gentle reminder to you; Please don't neglect the One whose strength is your strength You don't need all that sleep, you don't need to be at every party, every picnic, you don't have to honour every invitation.You really don't

Never ever forget that, without Him, you are nothing but with Him, you can do ALL things.

Put Him on top of your list, rekindle the flame, rebuild your intimacy with Him and I promise you, everything, and I mean EVERY-THING will fall in place

Written by Andrea Ogunba 
https://spiceymorsels.wordpress.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print