Waiting on God
by Susan Ferguson

"Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him" (Psalm 37:7 KJV)

Isn't it ironic how time passes so quickly, yet waiting for God to answer your prayers seems like an eternity? Most of you have something you are praying about and for which you are eagerly awaiting God's answer. You may find your faith and patience put to the test when time passes and your requests remained unanswered. It is easy to identify with the Prophet, Habakkuk, who grew weary in waiting for God to answer his prayer:

"How long, LORD, must I call for help, but you do not listen?" (Habakkuk 1:2 NIV)

God answers your prayers according to His sovereign will and timing. Though you may not understand all of His ways, you need to remember that He has your best interests in mind. You are His child, and He wants to bless you. He alone knows what is absolutely best for your life and your future. When you accept these truths, you know that God's answer to your prayers is worth the wait.

When your prayers are delayed, it is easy to fret and lose your peace of mind. Delays are often temporary and can change suddenly in your favor. Rather than boggle your mind, trust in the living God from whom all blessings flow. God is well able to meet your needs and bring your prayers to pass.

All believers face times of waiting, so you might as well accept the wait and enjoy life's journey. Your waiting is put to good use as God increases your endurance and brings you to a new level of strength and confidence in Him.

Father, help strengthen those who have grown weary in their wait. Restore to them the joy of their salvation. Help meet the needs of all who read this and help them live joyfully as their prayers are answered in your time. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print