It Is Done!
by Steve Countryman

The other morning in prayer I found myself saying this after declaring out loud God's promises. A judge's gavel represents power and authority in a court of law. It is used to bring order, to declare decisions and announce judgments. When a judge uses the gavel it means that time for discussion is over and now it is time for judgment or decision. No more debate, no more talking, no more speculation, no more guessing, no more indecision, no more arguing, no more finger pointing and no more accusations.

As I was declaring God's Word I was taking my right hand and making a fist as I pounded it twice against the palm of my left hand. I repeated this at the end of every promise I declared. As I did this I would say, "It is done". How powerful that phrase became when used with my fist and at the end of declaring God's promises. My hand acted like a gavel and the phrase "it is done" took my declaration and made it a NOW word! "It is done" means it is completed, it is finished and it has NOW become part of the past. Romans 4:17 As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believedthe God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not. Calling those things that are not as if they were! It is done is a powerful phrase of faith! To look at your problems like God does. Seeing them as God sees them as finished work, done!

God gave me a vision some time ago about His Word in Malachi 3:10-12 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe," says the Lord Almighty. 12 "Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land," says the Lord Almighty. The vision had to do with each of us as we are viewed as we really are. We are like a dry riverbed where once waters flowed somewhat now we are dry dust. Not only is our river beds dry but has become a garbage dump for all of the world's daily trash. Some look like large barriers of doubt and unbelief and others like thorn bushes meant to keep us stuck in our past failures and mistakes. Large stones cover what is left of our path to stumble over and hinder our walk with sinful distractions. Our river beds are used to bring the water of life to parched and dry lands that haven't seen water before. Life giving water of salvation. But instead all we have are dried up old riverbeds.

But God, in the passage above details the our pouring of His blessings and prosperity. I have read the passage before and have missed the obvious. God pointed it out to me in my vision. Some translations calls them "the windows of heaven". That is incorrect because windows are not designed to hold something back or to help store up. Have you ever seen a large lake like lake Mead where Hoover Dam is? They have pictures there when they had to open the spillways and floodgates because of too much water. The mighty and forceful water that came out was impressive! Now picture that lake holding YOUR blessings that God has stored up and is ready to release over your dry riverbed. But it says floodgates, yes FLOODGATES, plural meaning more than one. God showed me two mighty floodgates of heaven opening up. A double portion with two floodgates opening. Let me tell you that these floodgates didn't just open a cracks worth to allow a trickle of God's blessings but they were thrown open wide as a mighty rush of God's blessings like rushing waters flowed out and hit our dry riverbeds. The amount and force was so great that all of the world's daily trash, filth, sin, diseases, sickness, addictions, pain, suffering, hardships, poverty, debt, doubt and all feat was ALL washed away! But God didn't stop there, He continued to pour out so much blessings that it overflowed our riverbanks and saturated those around us everywhere we went! We couldn't begin to contain it all!

Ephesians 3:20-21 20 Now to him who is able, (and willing), to do immeasurably more than all we ask, (think), or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. "Immeasurably more" than we can ask, think or imagine, WOW! I have a terrible time trying to imagine what immeasurably more looks like because it looks bigger than lake Mead or those HUGE floodgates!

So you ask what does this have to do with "it is done"? That when you pray everyday, declare God's promises even if you can't get your mind around it. Even if you can't imagine what it should look like. Even if it seems so much larger than you can hold or contain. Not because you are greedy or a hoarder but because we are all called to be "spillers" of God's blessings and goodness! Declare God's Word and promises as a NOW Word by finishing each phrase with "it is done" as you pound your right fist in to your left hand. If you are obedient to God's Word and will, when you do this watch what God will do in your life! You are His vessel to hold His glory and He has made you to be spillers of His blessings everywhere you go! AMEN...It is done!!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print