Heavenly Eyes
by Steve Countryman

As you go through each day you are constantly looking at what the world is and has to offer. You do so through your natural eyes. You "see" your needs, wants, troubles, problems, cares and worries. That is what everyone does. The mindset of today's society is to "take care of number one" because nothing else matters and no one else cares. What is important is what you want! "What is in it for me?" "What do you have to offer me?" "What can I get from you?" Don't worry about anyone else but yourself. You are the most important person you know. Only you matter. The problem with that mindset is that it will drive you to isolation, desolation and destruction! Your inner child becomes the little spoiled brat that is ill tempered, ill mannered, mean spirited and extremely self centered. Hopefully you get to the point that you want to take that spoiled brat and slap some common sense into him/her!

There is an answer and His name is Jesus! When you have heavenly eyes you see things differently. You see others as Jesus sees them, with unconditional love and with an everlasting love! You see yourself differently too. You are no longer self-important. Your needs, wants, troubles, problems, cares and worries of this world are no longer controlling your thoughts. Those thoughts that are fear and doubt driven are replaced with heavenly eyes of super faith and trust in a God who is your Jehovah Jireh, God who is able and willing to do immeasurably more than you can ask, think or imagine will provide ALL of your needs! Your external needs such as your daily life, family, spouse, job and finances. Your internal needs such as your physical and mental health and the healing of your body and relationships. Your eternal needs such as your heavenly rewards, your heavenly mansion and ever lasting life with the Father!

Your heavenly eyes are those eyes that you receive when you keep your eyes on Jesus! It is part of dying to self and crucifying the flesh daily. Each day you choose Jesus and sacrifice the fleshly selfish natural you to the Father. You choose to put on Christ daily. You choose to have the mind of Christ daily. This is all part of your heavenly eyes. Keeping your eyes on Him! When you allow the world to distract you, your attention then falls onto your life and all of your cares and worries. That leads to arrogance and pride because you have traded your heavenly eyes for your natural eyes instead. You have now taken your eyes off of Jesus! It will negatively affect your walk with the Father, your level of faith and your level of trust.

In the natural your judgment and decisions are governed by what you know, what you see and what the world tells you. A veil now covers your vision and filters all that you see with your natural eyes. It is a very limited vision that points your gaze downward and inward. That will cause you to automatically throw limits and restrictions on your God and His ability to bless your life! You can choose to live your life differently by letting the Holy Spirit lead and guide you He will change your vision by changing your "eyes". It starts by how you choose to view things that you "see" everyday.

You can choose to be a blessing to someone that crosses our path or you can choose to ignore them as usual. You must be determined to "see" the good and the many ways to be a blessing to others. It is your choice and it does take daily practice! Your heavenly eyes will improve your walk with the Father and help to elevate your walk to a walk of habitation! When your walk is that of the Father you walk in His Word, His ways, His promises and in His kingdom here on earth! John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. John 12:49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. That is oneness and completeness with the Father, that is a walk of habitation! That is what heavenly eyes will do for you! Are you ready?!?


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print