Let's Be About God's Business
by Tonja Taylor

You've probably read books and seen movies about beings who are "immortal," which means they live eternallyforever.

So everyone is immortalincluding you!

As Pastor Tracy Harris of Harvest International Ministries says, "You are a spirit, with a soul (mind, emotions, and will), in a body. The real you is a spirit!

Because God the Eternal Spirit created you, you have eternal life. Every person does. It is that person's choice whether they believe in Jesus and their spirit goes to Heaven or not when their bodies die.

God actually created us to be His family of spirit-beings. And, when we believe in Jesus, we are adopted into the family of God!

Bodies and minds last only a few years. Our bodies are just containers for our spirits. Our bodies are weak and earthly or "carnal," and one day, they will die.

For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh (the body). (Phil. 3:3 KJV)

But eternal life does not end. Imagine a measuring tape stretching all around the world. The tape is eternal life, Think of your life in your body as a tiny dot on that long tape. Your dot is almost nothing compared to eternal life!

Our spirits are put in our bodies to continue the work of Jesus. He taught people what the Scriptures, the Bible, really mean. He healed people's sicknesses and delivered them from demons, which meant He freed and healed them where the enemy had hurt and tied up their spirits.

He did many other wonderful things, and He does them even today through the Holy Spirit in us who believe!

Also, He took on all the sins of the world and died on the cross for us, so that all who believe in Him and ask His forgiveness can be saved to be in Heaven's glory with Him, plus have a wonderful life here on earth.
And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness. (Rom. 8:10)

When we are saved, God the Holy Spirit puts an invisible mark, or seal, on our on spirits, that tells God, "This person will have eternal life in Heaven with You."

When our earthly bodies die, the seal guarantees that our spirits go immediately to live forever in the glorious paradise of Heaven, where Jesus and God are! Plus, we will get new, eternal bodies that will be like the resurrected body of Jesus!

Jesus rose againHallelujah! Although He will forever be in Heaven in His resurrected bodynail scars and all!He is a Spirit. And because Jesus is in Heaven, He has chosen you and me who believe in Him to be His special messengers.

From the moment we ask His forgiveness and believe in Him, He sent His Spirit, the Holy Spirit, into us so that He can work through you and me to teach others that they can also have wonderful eternal life with Jesus!!
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. (Rom. 8:9)

The work Jesus does in us by His Spirit now is the same work He did on earthhealing people of sicknesses, setting them free from devils, and telling people that He is the answer to all their problems.

He sent His Spirit to live and work through you and me. His Holy Spirit helps us do these things. He also leads us to tell people they are spirits with bodies that one day will die, and that they need Jesus to guarantee their spirits will live the wonderful eternal life in Heaven!

The time is short. What are you doing with your dot? Today, tell someone about Jesus so their eternal spirits will be with Him too!

(c) by Tonja Taylor

Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print