Oops! I Did It Again!
by Karen Anderson

Recently I wrote a piece about "procrastinating". Is this problem ever going to be out of my life? I am beginning to wonder, even though I know it is not healthy and I don't like the feeling it gives me. Just a short time ago I can say againOops! I did it again! I just wrote an article about this, but instead of depending on God and His timing I tried to deal with it alone.

Once again because of, supposedly, concern for the other party, it caused me to get really angry and frustrated to the point I was ready to explode. I wasn't getting the response I had expected in a timely manner, so once again I knew I had to deal with it but I didn't; I procrastinated. Satan sure likes using this emotion against me on a regular basis. Do you find yourself stuck in a vicious circle when it seems like you are coming back to the same problem over and over again? When are we going to get it through our thick skulls that doing the same thing over and over again is the definition of insanity?

Finally I was complaining to an associate expecting her to be sympathetic and she says, "Why don't you write a brief note asking for the decision?" My response was, "Well, I'm tired tonight so I will write her in the morning, have a friend check my grammar and then I would pray about it and send it the next day." I thought she would be in agreement, instead she said that word I hate; "STOP PROCRASTINATING!" Just write and send it. I was shocked but she was absolutely right. What is almost funny about this is that after I wrote and sent it, what a relief. All feelings of anger, frustration, and resentment were gone. It was like a full-ton weight was lifted from my heart. Once again, Satan's hold was broken on this incident.

I am happy to report that everything worked out, God moved on the decision and everything worked the way He wanted it. Praise God but the question still to me is why did I wait so long? I didn't need toGod knew what was best and He handled it.

Life would be so much easier if you and I would just turn to God first in every decision we need to make no matter the size. He has the ability to handle everything. We just need to let Him.

His Word says, "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." The Armor of God is such a powerful tool against Satan. Pray for that Armor every day. Also make the following declaration coming from His Word: "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." Then do the following: Hold up your Bible and repeat this confession of faith"This is my Bible, it is untouchable. It is the indestructible, life source of the Word of God. I know that I am what it says I am. I have what it says I have. I can do what it says I can do. In Jesus nameAMEN." Now dear ones, be strong and faithful in your battle and know God is on your side.

PASSAGE: Esphesians 6:10-11 (NIV)
James 4:7 (NIV)


Copyright 2013 - Karen Anderson - All rights reserved. If you would like to include any portion of this article in your letter or website, you have the author's permission as long as you include the link to Karen Anderson's website - www.doablesteps.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print