King of the Mountain
by PamFord Davis

"I'm king of the mountain!" Little boys tout their supremacy, puff out their chests, and claim their territory. The mountain may be a dirt pile in their back yard or a hill they have climbed in the neighborhood. On a rainy day, the couch in the den serves as mountain and domain. The focal point is not what the boy stands upon; he wants playmates to turn their attention to him.

I direct my attention, admiration and worship to the Lamb of God, the sovereign King of Kings.
"In a loud voice they sang:
'Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise (Revelation 5:12 NIV)!" He will take his stand atop the mountain.

"On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south (Zechariah 14:4 NIV) Jesus will reign over all the nations, the undisputed King of the mountain!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print