The God of the Impossible
by Steve Countryman

Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.(NIV) Luke 1:37 Nothing, you see, is impossible with God. (MSG)

Jehovah God is the God who takes the impossible and makes it possible. It is what all believers or Christians believe about God. There is nothing impossible to God except those things that are self imposed that God restricts himself from and to. God has sworn by himself to the covenants and promises that He has made with His people, His church and His children. We are the ones who have the problem with those statements that God can do all things and that nothing is impossible to God. The trouble lies with our own unbelief. Unbelief is not the opposite of faith or lack of faith. Unbelief is when your natural mind takes control of your faith. Unbelief is the roadblock to your faith fulfilled. Unbelief will cause you to predetermine if God can and will answer your prayers based on your own criteria of how, when and where He answers your prayer. That is God on your terms not God on God's terms.

The other problem is not believing that our God is the God of the impossible! A good example of that would be when you pray to God to help you get enough money to make your next car payment. God wants to bless you beyond what you ask, think or imagine. God wants to give you the car not just help you pay it off. Pray to "Believe the unbelievable, receive the inconceivable."

Romans 12:3 God has allotted to each a measure of faith. Matthew 17:20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."(NIV) Jesus lives in His temple through the Holy Spirit which is your body if you are a born again believer. All power and authority of heaven is alive and well in God's Son Jesus in YOU! Because Jesus lives in you, you have the faith of Jesus in you, that is the measure of faith spoken of in the verse above. Jesus said that if you were to use just a mustard seed size of that measure of faith that you could tell your mountain to remove itself from you and it would be done. The problem is that we all scramble to find that mustard seed of our faith that is hidden behind our unbelief.

Jesus knew what all He would have to go through at the hands of the Romans all before hand. He warned His disciples about it repeatedly. Jesus could have decided not to go through it all but He did for all of us. There was one thing that Jesus held fast to before it all happened that He also held tightly to through it all. Jesus knew that God the Father is faithful and would get Him through it. The amount of faith that Jesus had in the Father was very strong and determined. That faith was proved accurate and solid in Father God.

God has allotted to each of us a measure of faith. Jesus spoke of just a small part of that faith the size of a mustard seed. Mustard seeds are one of the smallest seeds. It is smaller than a poppy seed measuring in at about one-sixteenth of an inch in diameter. From that tiny seed a plant can grow to over three feet tall. Now what size is that measure of faith? I picture it as a bowl full of mustard seeds. Knowing what just one tiny seed of faith can do, than a bowlful can make a lot of possible from the impossible! "Nothing will be impossible for you."

Father God proved that He is the God of the impossible by all of the mighty works that He performed in His Word. From all of the events that happened when He brought the Israelites out of Egypt and brought them into the promised land, to raising Jesus from the dead on the third day as He said He would. God reigns over all things. The impossible does not reign over God. The impossible holds no power over God or over His abilities. It is like some tribal languages in some countries where their language is missing words because those words do not exist, are not used or needed. That is what I think the language of heaven must be like. The word impossible cannot be found in heaven's language. God is the God of the impossible for ALL He has done and created is from the impossible!

Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above, (immeasurably more), all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]. All praise and worship to The God of the Impossible! AMEN!!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print