Are You Married Or Just Living In The Same House?
by Pastor QT Nyathi

Are you married or just living in the same house with your spouse? There is a big difference between being a happily married couple and being two boarders who share space, meals, and a bed.

What are the characteristics of boarders?

#1: Boarders do things mechanically.

#2: Boarders see each other but don't really acknowledge each other.

#3: Boarders share things out of need not out of love.

#4: Boarders stay in a place temporarily.

#5: Boarders stay in one house but live two separate lives.

#6: Boarders are there for board i.e. meals and accommodation or lodging.

#7: Boarders are not really involved in each other's lives.

#8: Boarders are superficial; they don't discuss deep things.

#9: Boarders are not emotionally connected to each other.

#10: Boarders stay in a marriage for other reasons other than love for each other.

#11: Boarders share the same bed but don't sleep together.

#12: Boarders communication revolves around bills, kids, and meals.

#13: Boarders are bored when they are with each other but are very excited when they are with other people.

#14: Boarders don't spend much time at home because their hearts are elsewhere.

#15: Boarders may sleep next to each other but are actually miles apart.

#16: Boarders speak to each other through pets and kids.

#17: Boarders may sleep in separate rooms with no problem whatsoever.

#18: Boarders do things for each other but never with each other.

#19: Boarders attack each other most of the time they talk.

#20: Boarders know how to run a home but don't have a clue about how to run a marriage.

#21: Boarders usually have one-word conversations.

Sorry for rocking your boat.

But I just had to ask this question to help you evaluate the state of your marriage.

When you meet your spouse later today ask him this simple but searching question, "Sweetie, are we boarders or lovers?"

Pastor QT is a published author, copywriter and speaker. His sincerity, wit and candid style have endeared him to many hearts. His book DELIVERANCE UNPACKED has been warmly received globally. He conducts spicy marriage and singles seminars with his feisty wife Bonani.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print