Full of Mercy
by PamFord Davis

God is merciful. God is "full" of mercy. Only God would have the patience to put up with me. Day after day, he forgives me. He has a superior track record; flip through the scriptures and read accounts of Israel's rebellion. The merciful Lord calls them to return to him and repent. Why? He is love; he is merciful.

"They refused to obey and didn't pay any attention to the miracles you did for them; instead, they rebelled and appointed a leader to take them back into slavery in Egypt! But you are a God of forgiveness, always ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to become angry, and full of love and mercy; you didn't abandon them (Nehemiah 9:17 Living Bible)." He patiently forgives.

"He isn't really being slow about his promised return, even though it sometimes seems that way. But he is waiting, for the good reason that he is not willing that any should perish, and he is giving more time for sinners to repent (2 Peter 3:9 Living Bible)." People frequently owe debts they are unable to pay. They ask for additional time. How much more time can we expect?

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print