The House that Love Built
by Kathleen Angell

As I was speaking on the phone with someone, the Holy Spirit quickened me.

I was speaking about raising children. We've had three children and they are grown and I was raising my brother's girls, both teenagers.

They had lost their Dad, and Gramma, and Grampa, all pretty close together, and recently.

Sometimes I become weary in the days-like anyone does. Sometimes it seems I come to the end of my patience and ability to give love. Often, I come to the end of myself. But the Holy Spirit quickened me, it is in this- the hardships, that I see Love- I see Jesus whose Name is Love, so much more.

My good times are in my bad. My happiest times are in my trials. Because it is in my weakness that I see Jesus so much more, He comes to the foreground of my life and I live, yet not I, but this One who lives in me and my joy is made perfect, it is from Him.

My trials become my delight.

" My strength is made perfect in weakness", the Lord has said.

This came to mind as I thought on my relationship with my family and the girls.

As I saw the trials and hardness of life's day to day burdens that so easily wear me down to where I have no strength myself to keep giving, and I see Jesus.

I see Him and He is Love, building this House right alongside my trials, only the House He's building the trials can't compare.

The house I see on this side-the weary times- the hardships- they are truly nothing in comparison to the House I see Him building in Him in the Eternal.

These little trials are nothing in comparison to the House Jesus Christ is building.

And as surely as we have ask Him into our heart and lives, and as surely as trials and hardships come, just as surely the Lord is building His house.

I thought, this is the House that Love built.

He built it in the Eternal and it is Him and it will endure time and all that comes and it is Him and in Him.

The House that Love built. He's building it here, right now, in my family.

It is His Love. Him.

It is more than a relationship, it is Him.

And, yet, it is also a relationship. We share His life. It is a relationship with Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. We come in to Him and oh, how nothing these day to day things become.

Rather, we rejoice, and we like Paul, glory in our weaknesses and rejoice in our trials for Jesus has opened to us a vision of the Eternal and it is there we long ever to build and dwell and it's maker and builder is God.

Hebrews 11:10
(For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.)

My name is Kathleen Angell.  
My life was dramatically changed when the Lord made Himself real to me.  
We have an outreach to folks experiencing shelter and street life.  It is a great joy to us.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print