Treasured Locket
by PamFord Davis

She consistently hid away the treasured heart shaped locket in the confines of her jewelry box. The locket, with fragile filigree gold chain, had often adorned the graceful neck of little daughter, Midge. The 14-carat gold necklace was quite an eye catcher; yet, it had not diverted admirers' gazes away from the little doll's dancing brown eyes, brunette ringlets or the smile that wrapped them around her finger.

The aged mom once more grasped the locket and with trembling index finger released the clasp. Inside, she looked into the treasured face of toddler Midge. She had grown into the beautiful Donna, with children and grandchildren of her own. How was that possible? Yes, the treasured locket held a special place in her heart, to which Donna still held the key. She breathed a reverie sigh.

Let us not linger too long in reverie; let us reverence the LORD. Where is my treasure? "The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself. Be generous. Give to the poor. Get yourselves a bank that can't go bankrupt, a bank in heaven far from bankrobbers, safe from embezzlers, a bank you can bank on. It's obvious, isn't it? The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being (Luke 12:32b-34 The Message)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print