Little Red Wagons
by PamFord Davis

The TV generation of the 1950's-1960's era was not only entertained; we were receiving character-building morals in sitcoms of our day. Among the line-up, Father Knows Best, Leave it To Beaver and Andy Griffith shaped society. Writers skillfully honed humor. Laughter opened our hearts to experiences we could easily identify with. I recall a delightful episode from Andy Griffith.

Poor Aunt Bea was in a dilemma. Her freezer was on the blink and she was in jeopardy of losing stored meat. To make a thirty minutes story shorter, Aunt Bea was frantic. She used Opie, and his little red wagon, to haul meat to the local butcher shop for temporary storage. Complications quickly arose. Viewers chuckled at the appearance of neighborhood dogs following behind the moving little red wagon.

Christ seeks followers. We become his little red wagons, conveyors of the meat of the word. "ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk; and not strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskillful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age (Hebrews 5:12b-14a KJV)." I hope to reach a full age of maturity in Christ.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print