The Reason Why Faith Works By Love
by Ngozi Nwoke

Have you ever wondered why your faith seems not to be working? It can be very frustrating exercising your faith and getting nothing. But the truth remains that faith can only work through love. This article explains why faith works by love.

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor un-circumcision avails anything, but faith working through love - Galatians 5:6 (NKJV)

The Lord is righteous in her midst, He will do no unrighteousness. Every morning He brings His justice to light; He never fails, But the unjust knows no shame - Zephaniah 3:5 (NKJV, emphasis mine)

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. - 1 Corinthians 13:2, 8 (NKJV, emphasis mine).

When people exercise faith and they don't receive their desired answer, they conclude that this "faith thing" is not working. What they fail to do is to check their love walk. Faith works by love. Your faith must pass the test of love before it can deliver the answered prayer.

Why does faith work only through love?

God is the one who acts on your behalf according to your faith and God is love (1 John 4:8). So, we can say that Love is what acts on your behalf according to your faith. Therefore, when there is no love, nothing works on your faith, thereby producing nothing.

God never fails and so love never fails. Love will never fail to deliver your answered prayer when your faith is working through love. God is love and so when you walk in love, you exhibit God and command His manifestations.

All things are possible to him that believes (Mark 9:23) and if faith works by love, then all things are possible to him that loves.

The scriptures record that Christ was able to do signs, wonders and miracles because God was with Him (John 3:2, Acts 10:18), and we can say because Love was with Him

Love of God and compassion

The love of God in you compels you to have compassion on people. This was the secret of Jesus walk on earth. The signs, wonders and miracle Christ did were first activated and energized by the love He had for man. Many times, the scriptures recorded that He had compassion for the person(s) before the working of the miracle.

In Matthew 20:34, Jesus had compassion on the two blind men and touched their eyes. And immediately, their eyes received sight. Also in Matthew 14:14, Jesus was moved with compassion for the multitude before healing their sick.

Furthermore, there was a testimony of a man of God who was praying for a very sick woman for a long time but no result. He went home to refresh and on his way back, while walking, few blocks away he heard the woman screaming in anguishing pain. Compassion for the sick woman gripped him and he ran the rest of the distance, ran upstairs into the woman's room and carried her and the sickness disappeared. The woman was healed instantly.

What happened there? The love of God in him came up in full force within him and his faith that God can heal the woman worked, resulting in her instant healing. Faith works by love.

In conclusion, your faith can only work when it passes the love test. If you want to exercise your faith and receive answers, then you need to exercise the love of God within you.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print