WATCHING JESUS
by Ramona Cook

Watching Jesus

"Let your gentleness be known by all men." Philippians 4:5

Each one of us have 'short wick spots' within our emotional make-up.

The more reflective B type personalities have their own deficits too, but we who are A personalities tend to be highly deficient in our ability to endure the thoughtless actions of others when they interrupt our full and tight schedules.

To those who view our tense goal driven thrusts, we must appear to be cold and mean. But that summary really isn't properly descriptive of what we are feeling within ourselves. Never-the-less, God has a Word for US that says that He understands us, and at the same time He advises us to, "Cool it."

As an A personality I and have received much reprimand from Christian Brothers and Sisters who are more laid back and slower moving. They have called me, "Fiery," when I was being only focused, and determined, and true to my intentions .

I doubt that our Brand A intensity communicates to friends, children, parents or spouses, our love and concern for them IF we are too consumed in our goal orientation. We may, and most likely do, perform for them many supportive services and yet, they continue to feel less than important to us. I believe that to be one of the B Brand deficits.

There is no way to mesh us together into one shape and to erase the differences that are innate in our personalities. God has made us different, and He likes each of us just like He made us.

I recall my brother Adriano, who was born into another culture. He had been an American Citizen for quite a long time but to him Christian women were not to be leaders nor to voice opinions forthrightly.
Adriano and I were members of the same Prayer Group for many years, and for many years he corrected me; he tried very diligently to get me corrected, to make of me a "Godly behaving, gentle, proper Christian woman."

We were observing a Passover Celebration on the particular day to which I refer: in the process of prayer time Adriano began to laugh loudly and inappropriately. After the prayer was finished he spoke to the Group saying that the Lord had told him to leave me alone. He said the Lord told him, "I made her fiery; I like her fiery." That was great news to me! It took a burden off Adriano also.

However, that did not mean that the Lord liked all my behaviors.

I have learned to tamper my inner drive, to be patient with myself and with others if I don't get all my list completed; not that I have arrived, but the path is becoming clearer.

The Lord spoke to me on one occasion, when from behind the windshield of my car, I called another driver a "stupid jerk!" I could feel His hurt, so I apologized to Him but followed it with, "I don't know what is wrong with it though, they deserved it!" He spoke to me saying, "It is just that it does not show a gentle spirit."

"A tranquil spirit is of great value in the sight of the Lord."

The world in which we live requires great and applied Wisdom so that we are not deceived as we walk out our lives. All at the same time, we must be applied to working and accomplishing things, and still, to be loose in our inner self with a peace; a peace that generates the ability to be accepting of ourselves.

We tend either to project our failures to be the fault of those around us, or we will inner accuse and grow impatient and discouraged with ourselves, and with those around us also.

We may think that to "Watch Jesus" is not applicable to our experiences. After all, He is God and He can do anything He wants to do. Isn't that right? No; not actually; when Jesus wanted to do many things while here on Earth, He could not do them for various reasons; unbelief of those around Him was a deterrent. Rejection of His Presence was often a deterrent, such as when He wanted to spend some time in Samaria, but the Samaritan's said, "No!"

Jesus did not say, "Now look here, I have a job to do and you will not get in My way!" What He did was simply go to another place.

"The Devil has a habit of pointing at me, accusing me of what he is, and wishes me to be."

That is a Truth to which we must be alerted at all times. When we are of a driven personality, or a laid back personality; when we are whatever we are innately, the devil has watched us and knows the buttons to push to bring about negative, accusing, unpleasant responses from us, causing a destructive atmosphere that squelches creativity and productivity, peace and happiness. This is not pleasing to the Lord Who is a God of Love and Peace, and yet Who is unimaginably creative and productive.

"The servant of the Lord must NOT strive with men." II Tim. 2: 24
"A tranquil spirit is of great value in the sight of the Lord." II Peter 3:4
"Let your gentle, patient moderation be known by all men." Philippians 4: 5

Amen.

Ramona: 07/11/2013

http://www.ramonawriterprocook.wordpress.com

Ramona,  Master in Ministry Arts, BA in Biblical Studies, I am an Ordained Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print