The Character and Attitude of A Fruitful Disciple of Christ
by Lloyd Nsek, Sr

Behold I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. Matthew 10:16 NKJV


Until Jesus returns, the earthly terrain of kingdom service for Christians remains a spiritual jungle. Ironically, it is paraded to and fro by non-human friendly predators, albeit human beings as well. So what is the real big deal? The trick here is these wolves appear in sheep's clothing Matthew 7:15 NKJV. The question is: can we spot them out in the crowd since everyone appear as sheep? Clearly, this is not an outward eyeballing act but a matter of discerning the inward spirit inside each individual sheep in the terrain Matthew 7:16-20 NKJV.

On the move, in the jungle, serpents are never distracted by other happenings. They maintain a single vision of mind and purpose while using their two eyes. However, unlike doves, serpents are almost always harmful. Jesus demands that we strike a balance between these two creatures in relation to forming the kingdom character and attitude of a fruitful disciple of Christ.

In this context, we as true sheep must depend completely on our shepherd; together we become inextricably linked John 10:14 NKJV. A true sheep realizes, without Jesus, one can do nothing John 15:5 NKJV. Our eternal safety is secure only by operating in His Spirit Romans 8:9 NKJV. In Him alone, we become jungle wise Col. 2:3 NKJV.

Please contact me: [email protected]

I am an author of a fascinating new book titled, Christianity the End of Spiritual Confusion. I have been serving in the Gospel vineyard as a Bishop. I reside in Southern California.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print