Touching Jesus By Faith
by Michaelle Bragassa-Holman

How many of us have faith in Christ Jesus that is unwavering. To have faith in Christ that is so strong that it doesn't falter. The book of Luke shows us one of the strongest examples of faith in the Bible. The one about the woman with the issue of blood, who sought Jesus out in spite of the great crowd. Notice that this woman didn't beg, plead, or ask, instead she lived her faith. She didn't allow doubt to fill her mind, like many of us do in these times. You see, it is God's desire, for each and every one of us Christians to have faith in Christ Jesus, which has become second nature to us, like the woman with the issue of blood.

While reading this story it is imperative to understand what really transpired that day between the woman and Jesus. In order to do this, let me take you back to the book of Deut. 22:12, where it states that all of God's people were required to make and wear prayer garments referred to as prayer shawls (tallits) which contained twisted cords called tzitzits, on the corners. This is also referred to again in the book of Numbers, "The Lord said to Moses, 'Speak to the Israelites and say to them: Throughout the generations to come, you are to make tassels on the corners of one's garments, with a blue cord on each tassel. You will have these tassels to look at and so will remember all the commands of the Lord, that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves by going after the lusts of your own hearts and eyes. Then you will remember to obey all my commands, and will be consecrated to your God. I am the Lord your God." So you see, when the woman who had the issue of blood reached out through the crowd to Jesus, she wanted to touch his symbol of authority, notice she didn't pat him on the arm, or back, instead she reached out and touched the hem of his garment which were the Tassels that were on his Prayer shawl.

The amazing part happens after she reaches through the crowd faithfully. Jesus immediately responds "Who was it that touched me?" which confuses his disciples so much that Peter says to Jesus, "Master, the crowds surround you and are pressing in on you!" The response Jesus gives to Peter is a direct lesson to all of us. "Someone deliberately touched me, for I felt healing power go out from me." Think about that for a minute, how many times we have seen hundreds of people gather around a celebrity every chance they get. Image how out of all that chaos, with hundreds possibly thousands of people pushing and bumping into Jesus, the woman's touch is the only one who caught his attention. Now ask yourself why? What was it about her that made her touch more significant than all the rest? Jesus said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace. (Luke 8:48)

Christians have grown accustomed to going through the customs. They no longer expect to experience a miracle. They no longer allow their words of prayer to be led by faith. Instead Christians have allowed faith to be redefined as I hope, I think, I wish. The reality is faith is confidence, trust, assurance and most of all obedience. Many Christians feel their prayers are in vain, because they don't experience results. Yet this is the reason that these same Christians aren't experiences more miracles. It is the Lord's will that each of us demonstrate faith, like that of the woman with the issue of blood.

Many people will throng Jesus, they crowd around him, but yet few really reach out to touch him. Think about this, many people believe in Jesus, yet very few truly follow him in their daily lives. If we are seriously seeking Jesus, he will stop dead in his tracks, turn and encounter us one on one, just like he did for the woman with the issue of blood. He is not hindered by all that is going on around him, because he seeks that one person who is reaches out to touch the hem of his garment with true faith. That one person who is seriously seeking to worship him for who and what he is.

How do we obtain the kind of faith that the woman with the issue of blood had? First and foremost we need to hear and believe in Christ Jesus. Next, we must confess with our mouths that walking in his presence is enough! We need to have unwavering faith, knowing that touching the hem, the outer edge of His presence, is enough to bring his anointing into our lives. The most important step, is to be in his presence! We should strive each and every moment of our lives to touch the hem of his garment. Our prayers should acknowledge Christ's authority over our lives. Our faith should be reiterated in our prayers, believing and seeking miracles in our lives, as well as in those around us. It should be our goal to be set apart from the crowd. Fall down at the foot of the cross, and ask Jesus to fill your heart, body, mind, and soul with unwavering faith. Oh Jesus, please build up my faith and allow me to truly worship and acknowledge you, for who and what you are. Please Oh Lord, give me the strength to be that one person in the crowd, who is actually touching you. I ask for this is your precious name. Amen.

Our lives our made up of so much in this world today, that we often forget to take the time to do the things we love. My entire life has been filled with both the love I have for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and writing.  
http://www.livingwaterfromthewell.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print