So Desperate
by Steve Countryman

Being desperate isn't always a bad thing if you are desperate for the right things, for the right person, for the right relationships and for the right causes. Desperation can motivate you in a direction either good or bad. Addictions can cause you to become desperate for the wrong things. Loneliness, low self-esteem, being abused sexually, physically, verbally or mentally, depression, poverty or sickness and disease all can cause you to become desperate. But there is a desperation out there that is what all of us should not only acknowledge but beware of daily that is a good thing. Being desperate for Jesus!

Too often it is easy to forget all of God's blessings on us when things are going good. God always ends up taking a back seat to our happy busy lives. The only time we want to spend with God, outside of church, is when we have turmoil, problems or crisis in our lives. Then it seems that we can manage to find time to spend with Him. But that is a sad reality. That is treating God as a God of convenience not as our Lord and Master. God is not here for us but we are here for God's pleasure and enjoyment. Because God loves us so much He makes Himself available to us daily.

He hears and answers ALL the prayers of the righteous. Some Christians, pastors, preachers and ministers have said that God doesn't answer ALL our prayers but only those prayed according to His Word and will. That God never answers prayers with "no" only with "yes". That is where I have a problem with that way of thinking. Since God is our heavenly Father and earthly parenting is modeled after God's ways and Word, then it only makes sense that God the Father would also act like our parents accordingly. Meaning that when you asked your parents for something that sometimes their answer was NO! I believe that God answers some of our prayers the same way and He answers those prayers with a "NO"! Hindsight is 20/20 and I am SO glad that God did answer some of my prayers with a loud NO! He has protected ME from ME more often than I can count. Too often I would not only pray to God to bail me out of my problem but I would tell Him just exactly how, when and where to do it, how foolishly arrogant of me!

The true reality of life as a Christian is that we are ALL desperate for God each and every day. We are desperate for God's blessings, His Word, God's truth, His promises, God's protection, His healing, God's restoration, His salvation, God's presence, His wisdom, God's faithfulness, His love, God's mercy, His peace and joy, God's strength, His instruction, God's correction, His ways and will, the leading of His Holy Spirit, the revelation, knowledge and understanding of the Holy Spirit, all spiritual blessings of the Holy Spirit, the spiritual gifts of the Holy Spirit and reverential fear of God.

So if you think that this doesn't pertain to you and that you are not desperate for God then why not stop and picture yourself and what your life would be like without God in it! If that isn't a sobering and scary thought then you have been deceived! For we are always so desperate for God daily and should thank Him for being so.


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print